Sunday 27 July 2014

Playthrough Week 2+3

Apologies for not publishing the last few posts on time.
I'll be combining the past two weeks here

Week 1 had a few screw ups as the iPod I have was new and formatted for the updates I made, some genius moves if I must say as that also included previous game saves. So Week 2 was a restart for 
Casual

Casual Gameplay, it's as normal as any other run, the stats I used were a two level base of STR+2 DEX+3 CON+1 and +10 INT every ten levels. Tend to complete every side quest before the main storyline to increase the EXP and level of the character. As tedious as it is, in the long run it's a good habit for lore or settings of the game. Puppy was a quick fight, the Creeper was a surprise as I forgot the poison has a decent amount of damage if stacked and is invincible while emitting it.

The Chimera was also quick as I knew it's attack patterns and where to stand so I could not be grabbed by the dragon head, once reaching the Kraken, I always wondered why your speed wasn't slowed when underwater. The bosses cavern is stated to be open and have air, so I don't really understand.

Week 3 starting, pushing forward to the Red Dragon having to redo the three other Dieties. The dialog was great to read again, Roman is probably my favourite witty/happy-go-lucky character. Greg's subtle criticism is great too. Lamia on the other hand, is pretty much the meaning to 'Curiosity killed the Cat' except Chris saves her, again. Unfortunately this isn't some Final Fantasy where she joins your party and fights with you. I mean, it be great if she could 49,999 kick mobs for you like the Gate Stone at the Red Dragon's Dungeon

Mid-week, running back and forth, all over the place in the snowy mountains. I forgot how annoying the last part is. Having reached Diablo, I pause for a few days to gather some data on 
Express. Returning, it was a decently long fight for the stats I had and Rare armor, but it was fun. Gravity element was annoying as I was surrounded by the four Golems often. As the last and incompletable quest popped up, it was time to archive this file and move on.


Express Gameplay, well, it doesn't get more cheaty than this. Using the stats I had and the 3* piece money glitch to obtain Rare equipment and the highest level potions/serum, I immediately went North to explore what the storyline is like if I skip most of it. Out-leveled by a pretty scary amount, potions were needed very often. However leveling wasn't as quick as you may think, even if it was great EXP, I stopped at the mid twenties and continued on.

Reaching the point where Lamia and Greg split their party as she wishes to observe the Red Dragon, none of the triggers to activate those cut scenes were there, where you are trailing behind her trying to catch up. Heading North-West to see if I can get around, you are blocked by a playable cut scene stated Lamia went in the other direction.

This can confirm, KTH took a safe route with denying the players to skip parts of the storyline, (Besides the side quests) however they allowed players to challenge themselves against numbers and levels. Continuing on West to the snowy mountain, already knowing I could not pass the invisible barrier before the Twin Dragons, was just curious if I could activate something. Nope, nothing. So a long walk back to continue the actual game, and at the end of Week 2 was at the door to Diablo.

Week 3 after defeating Diablo on 
Casual, and defeat him again on Express with ease, I return to the dungeon and grind for some levels after gambling for rarer equipment. It was slow and painful to repeatedly grind the best spot which is the last(?) mini-boss, the untranslated salamander and his gang. After that it was the free quests as each give 5k EXP per quest, 5 quests per day, and the 'day' is coded to be your date on the iDevice, so switching dates will reset the board. (A little tip)

This is the last way you can grind for decent EXP for a few more levels, I will not be grinding after obtaining the bonus stats for the next armor set as it's too slow. From after that point I will be hacking for it, however having already installed a cheat engine, I've realised this app as some odd defence to modifications. It might take some time to figure out

3 comments:

  1. The...the game have disappeared!?
    I couldn't find it on AppStore. When did it disappear? Or is it only in my country? Hopefully!
    Omg I'm almost crying. Allstar's site was out of reach, KTH's official site was available though. I haven't played this game recently because I figured out that I couldn't enter the Hell Mode but I surely had been waiting for an update. I really really wanted its soundtrack for some period of time.
    Sorry for my English. I'm Japanese (The name is pseudonym). ...Yes I am! I'm Japanese but I love this game whose text in it is English, it was a little hard to understand but it was really amusing to me so with help of a dictionary I played and enjoyed! I really miss it...
    Can...can I weep?
    Thank you for making a wonderful blog. I hope you won't very disappointed. But.. the update will never come. Noooo....
    Maybe can we talk about Wild Frontier 2? I've never played it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Greg, yes indeed the app Wild Frontier has been removed from the app store. This is not recent as I've known this for some time and forgot to post about it. However I do in fact have the .ipa ready to be uploaded when I have the time just in case people wish to try it.

      If I knew Korean, then I'd make an attempt to communicate with Allstar/KTH however English is my only language currently. Your translation is well done, and thank you for your interest. If I must say, you are not the only one weeping about the empty sad feelings left from this unfinish yet amazing KRPG.

      Sadly, unless you have access to the Korean app stores/archives, there is little chance we'll see WF2. I do have some friends in that region, so I might be able to dig up something if I ask them.

      Lastly, I'm currently not able to continue this blog with the little time I have to spare. So my efforts are concentrated on the compile I've been working on which consists of a video/audio presentation, images, and files of all the guides here packed into a zip file. Hopefully this will be complete soon.

      Good luck and Happy Mob'n

      Delete